The Reverend Father Ernest Arambiges Library
Our library is an exciting place for the whole family to visit! Please make it a point to come in after church to browse and discover the many wonderful books, videotapes, records and magazines we have for all ages and interests. We have books, videos and materials in both Greek and English.
The main purpose of the library is to have a well-rounded collection of quality books and audiovisual materials that will fill the needs of the entire church family. The collection is intended to aid members and friends:
- in their spiritual development,
- in living their faith in the community and world today,
- in serving effectively in the life of the congregation,
- in the wholesome use of leisure time.
Our library offerings include:
- Children’s Books and Videos
- Greek books, videos and tapes, DVD's and CD's
- Many new books, CD's and DVD's
- Reference materials
- Religion, faith, hope, love, family values
- Songbooks and recorded music
- Sunday School Aids
- Teen Section
- A Book Club that meets the first Wednesday of every month
Sundays: 9:45am–10:30am & after services until 12:30pm
Mondays: 11:00am – 12:30pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Greek School hours are Monday & Wednesday 5:00pm - 7:15pm
We are here to help you! If these hours are not convenient, please let us know and we will arrange to be here when you need us.
For more information call:
- The church office
- Mary Tsakiris at 410-592-7319
- Mary Triandafilou at 410-569-7177
Checking Out Materials
- Materials may be kept for three weeks and may be renewed.
- The borrower assumes responsibility for books and materials on loan. In case of loss, notify the library staff. The borrower is expected to replace the books or materials.
- Donations may be made in lieu of any set fines.
Material Selection Policy
- The library staff shall be responsible for the selection of all materials, under the guidance of the parish priest. Materials may be recommended by any persons involved in the life of the congregation.
- The collection will emphasize Orthodoxy, the Bible and religion in general.
- For adults, the library includes materials which cover a variety of subjects to aid the reader in everyday life experiences.
- For children, religious books are supplemented with many other materials that are not of strictly religious nature, but whose theme goes along with Christian concepts.
- All members and groups are encouraged to use the library as a resource center for their learning and program activity.
- Financing for the library shall come from the funds provided in the yearly parish budget and from monies given as gifts and memorials specifically for the library.
- Donations of specific books or materials shall be subject to approval by the library staff.
On March 28th Abbess Aemiliane from St. Nina's Monastery gave a talk on the role of Women in the Orthodox Church. To see some other resources she provided at the end of her talk, click on this link. The links contained in the PDF document will allow you to see and hear some of the resources presented.